Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shawn Hansen's Comedy Corner with Tom Green

Shawn Hansen's Comedy Corner with Tom Green

Acting in the movies Freddy Got Fingered, Road Trip, Bob the Butler, Stealing Harvard, and many more, Tom Green started his career on a Canadian access television program in 1994.


Performing with a variety of dif- ferent celebrities, Green said he had the most fun working with Rip Torn, Harland Williams, Jason Lee, Cameron Diaz, and Sean William Scott.


Hosting a current talk show on the Internet from his house, Green has been on tour since this past January, and will be coming to The Wilbur Theatre at 246 Tremont Street in Boston on Friday, Sept. 10 at 7 p.m.


“I’m excited to be coming to Bos- ton,” said Green. “I’ve been to Boston once in my life. I loved it, and I think it’s one of these things where I re- ally felt like I haven’t been to Boston enough to be honest with you.”


Traveling all over the United States on tour, Green feels like it’s an amazing theater to perform at.


“I have had a few friends that have performed there recently who tell me it’s the best place to perform in the country. Rob Schneider, and Norman MacDonald told me about it, and I’m excited about that, and it’s going to be a great show.”


Starting his own television show at Community Television in Ottawa from 1994-1999, Green said it prepared him- self for the big stage.


“A few years later, we were on the

Canadian Comedy Network, which was an actual paid cable show that I was working for that we got picked up by for two seasons,” said Green, explain- ing that it eventually was picked up by Music Television [MTV] in New York.


With his show airing on MTV for a number of years, Green played a lot of pranks on his parents. He said some of his favorite stunts pulled were leav- ing a decapitated cows head in their bed, painting their house plaid, and airbrushing their car with an explicit design, just so he could videotape their

reactions.


Although all these stunts were

pulled, Green said his parents never actually called the police on him. His father’s name is Richard, and his mother’s name is Mary Jane. Green said, “Sometimes I tell my mother that she should open up a marijuana dispensary. Mary Jane Green’s I think would be a very popular spot.”


On his talk show that can be seen by going to www.tomgreen.com, Green will rap with the artists he has on that day.


“I’ve had Flavor Flav, and Xzibit, Jurassic Five, Too Short, and I rap with them on my show, and it’s pretty cool,” said Green.


Other then having rap artists on his show, Green has interviewed Ed McMahon on more then one occasion, Jimmy Kimmel, and Val Kilmer. His influences of starting a talk show on television have been David Letterman, Jay Leno, Johnny Carson, Talk TV, Monty Python, and Saturday Night Live [SNL].


“Since I started my public access show, I got to host SNL, I got to host the David Letterman show,” said Green, explaining that he was one of the very few people in the world that got to guest host that show.


“Right now I’m doing it weekly cause I’m on tour,” said Green, explain- ing that anyone can watch his shows online. You can go there anytime, 24-hours a day, we’re on the air.”


Green said his online show has an estimated 2.5 million viewers per show. He feels if people come out to his show, they will enjoy it, especially if they liked his work on MTV.


“It’s a very high energy, silly, ridicu- lous, thought provoking fun show,” said Green. “I’d like to attack things around me in my own life, and pop culture in the news.”


After the show, Green is going to have a meet and greet where pictures will be taken.


He will be at The Wilbur Theatre on Sept. 10, and the Comedy Connection in Chicopee on Sept. 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment